WELCOME TO THE SONG ACTIVITY FACTORY!
This week you’re going to take your students on a journey through time!
I hope you have a lot of fun with this lesson plan!!
In this song-based activity with multiple video extracts, students have to IDENTIFY the structure USED TO + VERB in 5 different songs. They are going to travel back in time with each song taking them further back till 2000! You can use it as extra grammar practice, review or just for fun!OBS: This lesson plan was made to be used for ONLINE TEACHING, but it can be modified for face-to-face instruction, as well.
Language level: B1 Learner type: All ages Skills: listening, writing Topic: USED TO Materials: Vimeo video Duration: about 30 min Downloadable materials: instructions.pdf
STEP-BY-STEP LESSON PLAN
Step 1 Warm up
Ask your students: Do you and your parents like the same kind of music? And have students share their answers as a class.
Step 2 Used to Review
Write USED TO + VERB on the board and ask students to explain when to use it and give you example sentences. Write some on the board.
Ask the following questions:
Did your tastes in music change with time? What kind of music did you use to listen to?Why do you think people change their tastes in music?
Divide students into pairs or trios (it can also be done individually, depending on the number of students), and tell them they are going to watch 5 extracts of music videos that have verbs with USED TO. In their answers, they only have to write used to + verb ex: used to love
BAD CONNECTION tips:
If your connection is not good for you to play the video to your students. You can share the link with them, and they watch it individually 2x (about 6- 7 min) and then come back to class and send their answers via chat box.
If you enjoyed this song-based lesson plan, know that by registering to the NEW EXCLUSIVE MEMBERSHIP AREA you can get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO:
- Extra song-based lesson plans like this every week
- Exclusive materials in an ever growing library of pure useful content aimed at ELT professionals
- Exclusive videos you can use with your students with PROTECTED VIDEO LINKS with NO ADS and NO DISTRACTIONS
- Exclusive discounts on eBooks, courses, AI-powered apps and video creation services by Mundo Mars Digital and the D3sign Factory
- Interaction with teachers from all over the world who also believe in the power of songs to teach English in creative, innovative, practical and useful ways!
Register for free >>Here<< to access all these benefits now!
That’s it for this week! I hope this activity is helpful and enjoyable!
SUBSCRIBE to SAF’s YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
LIKE OUR NEW FACEBOOK PAGE!
FOLLOW SAF on TWITTER!
Happy teaching! 🙂